Roma Entrepreneurship Development Initiative – REDI in partnership with the Centre for Business Development from the South East European University in Macedonia organized a training to support 15 young Roma to acquire knowledge and skills on entrepreneurship and help them develop their business ideas. As an outcome, they will be able to develop their own business, be better equipped to find work or use their new skills and network for mentoring and training existing entrepreneurs in Roma communities.
Objectives of the training
1. The participants will develop their knowledge and skills in the field of entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship, business management, marketing and finance.
2. To guide the participants in the development of their own business ideas and business plans.
3. To enable the participants to communicate and connect with affirmed entrepreneurs in Macedonia.
4. To create the first platform of young Roma entrepreneurs in Macedonia
The training targeted youngsters interested to develop their own business idea and establish business / companies.
The training took place in three modules on the following dates:
• Module 1: June 18-19, 2018
• Module 2: June 25-26, 2018
• Module 3: June 29-30, 2018
The training provided the participants with knowledge and skills through a combination of different methods of lectures, exercises and translating the ideas into business. The participants learnt from professors and successful entrepreneurs, gained a comprehensive understanding of who are the key players within the business sector in Macedonia, and how to build an innovative business / impact business model, understand what it takes to realize their business idea. The participants have been offered advice, instructions and various forms of support for their businesses at the start-up phase. They had the opportunity to develop their business plans with additional support from mentors.
During the training, a Business Cafe – Networking event took place, where successful entrepreneurs have been invited to share their experience with the participants.